1.1 UCL Institute of Education Press (UCL IOE Press) is an academic press which is part of the UCL Institute of Education. Its legal address is 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL.
2.0 Intellectual property rights of UCL IOE Press
2.1 UCL IOE Press owns or is licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website, including without limitation the names and logos of University College London, the UCL Institute of Education, UCL IOE Press and Trentham Books, and all technical infrastructure relating to this website.
3.0 Access to and use of this website
3.1 In accessing any part of this website, users agree:
- not to use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users;
- not to upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, abusive, menacing, indecent, unlawful or which violate, breach or infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world (including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights);
- not to breach any laws or otherwise infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of any other person anywhere in the world using this website;
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website including any data entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
3.2 UCL IOE Press reserves the right to inspect and moderate all content uploaded, displayed or transmitted through this website. UCL IOE Press may, at its sole discretion, amend or remove all such content.
4.0 Use of discussion forums, blogs and wikis
4.1 From time to time there may be discussion forums, blogs and wikis held on this website. UCL IOE Press operates a “notice and take down” policy and in addition reserves the right at any time at its sole discretion to edit and/or remove any message or information posted to any discussion forum, blog or wiki on this website. In the event of any complaints in respect of any message or information posted to any discussion forum, blog or wiki on this website, users should contact UCL IOE Press by e-mailing email@example.com.
6.1 Links from this website are provided for information and convenience only. UCL IOE Press has no control over and cannot therefore accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third party website. UCL IOE Press does not endorse any linked website.
6.2 Users may create a hypertext link to the homepage of this website at http://www.ucl-ioe-press.com provided such link is not used in a misleading or defamatory context.
7.0 Exclusions and limitations of liability
7.1 Owing to the nature of the Internet, UCL IOE Press cannot guarantee that this website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to users. Users should ensure that they have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
7.2 This website has been prepared with the aim of providing key information about UCL IOE Press and its products, and does not constitute advice in relation to any specific subject, application process, sector, industry, or business activity. Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website was accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and UCL IOE Press gives no warranty whatsoever that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
7.3 This website and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that the user accepts it on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Where users of this website rely on any information or other material contained in it, they do so entirely at their own risk and they accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7.4 Users acknowledge that IOE Press has no responsibility for any message or information posted to any discussion forum, blog, or wiki on this website by users. In particular, but without limitation, UCL IOE Press gives no warranty whatsoever about the quality, safety or legality or the accuracy or completeness of any message or information posted to any discussion forum, blog, or wiki on this website.
7.5 UCL IOE Press excludes all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on or use of the contents of this website or any material or content accessed through it.